Southwest Charter Foundation, Inc.
Manatee Charter School is governed by the Southwest Charter Foundation, Inc. Board of Directors. The Southwest Charter Foundation, Inc. was founded by a diverse group of Florida based individuals, concerned with the option of quality school choice for families and students. Currently the Board has evolved to the members listed below. Each member is a proud, Florida based, business and/or community supporter with hopes and visions for a continued and evolving, academically successful Charter School. The Board establishes policy consistent with the School’s mission and ensures that the programs and operations of the School are faithful to the terms of the charter.
For more information, or if you have any questions, please click here.
The Board of Directors is responsible for developing and outlining the mission, vision, and values of the school and developing the appropriate policies to ensure those fundamentals are maintained. Southwest Charter Foundation, Inc. Board of Directors has contracted with a professional education management organization, Charter Schools USA, to provide all necessary management and professional expertise. Charter Schools USA assists in developing, planning, and marketing the School, as well as finance, human resources, curricula and school operations. Charter Schools USA is responsible for developing and implementing the ongoing operational procedures in accordance with the mission, vision, and values outlined by the Governing Board.
The Governing Board is responsible for the legal and financial obligations of each school. The Governing Board establishes policy consistent with the school’s mission and ensures the school’s programs and operations are faithful to the terms of the Charter including compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements. The Governing Board will continue to uphold the mission and vision of the school through visible leadership and stewardship of the school, including the following:
- Communicating the mission and vision of the school to the community
- Recruiting and mentoring Governing Council members to ensure they have shared values
- Holding Charter Schools USA accountable to achieving the mission and vision of the school
- Participating in fund raising and other community events on behalf of the school
- Leading by example in their personal and professional endeavors
The Southwest County Charter Foundation, Inc. Board of Directors
- Ken Haiko, Chairman
- Dennis P Clark, Vice Chair/Secretary
- Thomas P. Wheeler, Director
- Margaret Wells, Treasurer
- John O’Brien, Director
- Shane Strum, Director
Academic Performance 2014-15
Academic Performance 2015-16: D
Manatee Charter School Parent Facilitator:
Mrs. Deborah Tracy
4550 30th Street East
Bradenton, FL 34203
Parent Grievance Procedure
If a parent has a grievance or complaint, please follow the process below:
- Seek to resolve the problem with the teacher, if applicable.
- If problem is not resolved, meet with school administration via an appointment.
- If still unresolved, please contact School Support, CSUSA at 954-202-3500.